Friday, August 27, 2010

HOT DEAL: TomTom GPS Navigator available for $94.99


The TomTom XXL 540·S (available for $94.99 as against $299.95) is complete navigation in a XXL widescreen device. Switch on and go right out of the box. Spoken turn-by-turn instructions including street names will guide you to any address in the US, Canada and Mexico--including more than 7 million preloaded points of interest.

This is a factory refurbished GPS. Refurbished generally means that the unit has been returned to the manufacturer, who brings the navigator back to like new conditions. Some GPS may contain cosmetic blemishes.

TomTom GPS Navigator can be bought here

Following is the most helpful customer review on Amazon:

Why buy a new one? Refurbished looks and feels the same!

I received this for a birthday gift (that I picked out), and I can not tell it from a new one. I even got the latest map update! Not sure if that was luck or not, but I'm not complaining. I've had two other Tomtom's, and they work fine for me, although the Garmin's do have a better looking interface. I drive a semi, and although this does not have truck routes, if you use some common sense you'll do just fine.
The lane guidance is nice, as is the junction view (although a little gimmicky). I've even found the pronunciation of street names to be quite good, unlike what some others have said (even does a good job of saying "Puyallup"!).
I can easily recommend this product, especially at this price for a 5" unit.

Do yourself a favor and get the ARKON TTEP115 TomTom EasyPort Windshield / Dash Mount to replace the near useless mount that comes with this model, though!

TomTom GPS Navigator can be bought here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home